Results, Performance and Ofsted
Harris Primary Academy Merton Achieves Highest Ofsted Rating
Harris Primary Academy Merton has achieved an ‘outstanding’ rating in every category assessed in our first Ofsted report since opening in 2014.
Inspectors were impressed by our academy’s ethos and the high quality of teaching on offer.
Their report said:
- “The pursuit of excellence is at the heart of the work of leaders and staff. Morale is high. The staff team is fully behind the principal’s vision and has helped develop a culture where high expectations of work and behaviour are the norm.”
- “Pupils are highly motivated to learn. They are confident learners who persevere when faced with difficulties.”
- “Teachers make learning exciting. They use imaginative methods for putting across new ideas and provide interesting activities for pupils to practise their new skills and deepen their understanding.”
- “Parents very much support the work of the principal and her team. They greatly value the sense of unity by seeing teachers at the gate welcoming them and their children each day.”
- “Pupils show that they fully understand and follow the school’s golden rules of ‘Show respect’, ‘Take responsibility’ and ‘Always make the right choice’. They are very caring and show great respect for adults and others around them.”
The Principal at Harris Primary Academy Merton, said:
“I am very proud of all that our staff and pupils have achieved since the academy opened three years ago. I am particularly pleased that, alongside our high academic standards, the excellent behaviour of our pupils and high morale of our staff has been highlighted in this Ofsted report. Our school is happy, successful and well supported by our parents and governors.
“This is something for the whole school community to celebrate and a great start to the brand new school year.”
To view the OFSTED report, please click here.
To view our OFSTED Parent View, please click here
To access our Department for Education Performance Tables, please click here
Due to SATs not being administered in 2019-2020, our most recent data from 2018-2019 is below.